PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bachelor of aviation (flying) degree
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2011, 08:48
neville_nobody

Received 151 Likes on 66 Posts
they do seem to emphasise that their graduates wind up in the CX cadet program, RAAF and Qantas Link.
Of course they are going to say that!! They aren't about to advertise that their students are living in a donger in Elcho Island flying a 210 after spending $150 000 at their university now are they!!

I went to one of these things nearly 20 years ago now, back then they were telling everyone that your first job after completing a UNSW degree was in a regional airline.....which was bollocks as you needed about 5000 hours to even apply!! Be careful they aren't claiming foreign nationals who study in Australia and get a walkup start at their national carrier in those numbers too.

So be wary what a university tells you. If one allumni gets into an airline they claim it, despite the rest battling it out in GA or quitting.

Right now I would be questioning aviation as a career at all. The Labor/Green government looks hell bent on bringing in a Carbon Tax which I think will be the beginning of the end of Aviation.

Do another degree and if things look better in a few years then get into flying.