PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Pilots, You Are Losing The Battle.
Old 28th May 2011, 23:48
Fatguyinalittlecoat

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Facebook

I'm in my 30's. When my wife and I wake up each morning we don't turn on Sunrise or the Today show or any other news program, we find out what is happening in our lives via Facebook.

The news will come when we turn on the radio, but that is not relevant to this.

I get bombarded with stuff on my Facebook from a Facebook friend about American news, as he is American, some of it interesting, and some not. However it is there with the headline and usually a picture for me to read.

I just had a quick look for AIPA on Facebook. There is a page, but you cannot become a friend, all you can do is "like" it.

Imagine if all of my Facebook friends, and all of their Facebook friends and so on, logged onto Facebook and there was headline "The truth about Qantas pilot wages", or Qantas lies to public about engineers claims. A lot of people might say, Ok I'll have a quick look. Might change a few minds. It would cost virtually nothing, and AIPA could write the stuff themselves. No shoddy journalism. And with the way Facebook works, it would be on everybody's Facebook page that is a "Friend" of the last. It would go Viral in seconds.

Why hasn't this been done?

My point being mostly, people don't watch sunrise. That bloody woman drives me nuts. Get with the times guys. Forget retaliating via TV or print, no one will listen. Social media is the way to go.

Note, it is this site that is changing my post to FacePPrune.