PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2011, 23:35
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi bear,
Originally Posted by bearfoil
AoA is sensitive to airflow in more than one direction. Initially, what appears to be a bunk move may be an aviator's attempt to hold altitude and airspeed in remarkable AIR. He has a/s to barter, and adds TOGA for good measure.
Let's for goodness' sake lose this barking dog mentality, and give the PF some credit.
I read from BEA that the PF made REPEATED inputs (NU), not sustained.....
different perspective.......
What would explain the need for constant roll left, to maintain SL?
damage? AIR ? cg? Likewise NU? cg? ICE? All we see is the response, not the stimulus.
I do seem to remember that you had posted a very clear question.
I simply tried to answer it.
If you do think that "30 seconds of full back deflection" is not "continuous back stick", what is it?
Read yourself. You didn't ask for an explanation, but doubted that it was even written in this report.
Barking with dogs after those AF pilots is not in my mentality as I'm also looking for some reasons explaining those unfortunate PF imputs.
My perspective is different than yours as I'm looking for other factors. I would like to know how many trainings this pilot ever did involving a high altitude stall without any protection vs. recovering from a low altitude stall with full flight envelope protection. I guess he did a lot of the later but maybe, never practiced the former.
The danger is obvious as both case could use opposite imputs and a pilot only trained to one form may have reacted instinctively by the opposite move. Full back stick deflection would give Alpha_floor/Alpha_Max in one case and a full stall on the other case. All it would need is a pilot unaware that the protections won't kick in (ie. Perpignan).