PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2011, 22:03
JD-EE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At 2 h 08 min 07 , the PNF said "you can maybe go a little to the left […]". The airplane began a slight turn to the left, the change in relation to the initial route being about 12 degrees. The level of turbulence increased slightly and the crew decided to reduce the speed to about Mach 0.8.
Nothing there to pull the nose up.

From 2 h 10 min 05, the autopilot then auto-thrust disengaged and the PF said "I have the controls". The airplane began to roll to the right and the PF made a left nose-up input.
The nose-up input - would that be to maintain altitude while correcting the roll? It does not say how large a nose-up input was made for how long.

At 2 h 10 min 16, the PNF said "so, we’ve lost the speeds" then "alternate law […]".

The airplane’s pitch attitude increased progressively beyond 10 degrees and the plane started to climb. The PF made nose-down control inputs and alternately left and right roll inputs.
If the PF had not made a very assertive nose up what brought the nose up 6 whole degrees on a plane with that mass? (Mind you, I am not at all sure an updraft would lift the nose.)

(And I keep quoting because it seems some of us are not working off the same document. That way the source of my confusion is at least well delineated. I'm not trying to be a smartass - except maybe to bienville. He twisted my tail.)