PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2011, 18:42
ihg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
triggering of stall warning

Just a question as I could'nt find any reliable information about it.

What sensors do exactly trigger the stall warning? To my knowledge stall warning depends primarily on AOA sensors (taking into account slats/flaps settings)

Or is any other data also processed by the stall warning (air speed?)?

Assuming that the stall warning primarily depends on AOA sensors, and given that you have no/confusing/unreliable/disagreeing air speed data, why not fully trust or prioritize "stall warning" over all other warnings like potential overspeed warnings?

I mean that stall warning would then be based on sensors, which you still could have faith in , whereas overspeed warning would be based on sensor, which obviously show problems. Problems, which brought you into that situation...so why trust any warning coming from them?

Or do I miss something here?

Originally Posted by deSitter
all the fancy laws and protection modes had the precise effect of sending 228 people to the bottom because they dealt with meaningless abstractions, not a real world problem.
Yeah,sure, all that fancy laws and protections left the pilot no other choice but pulling on that stick until the bitter end. .
I followed your earlier 'elaborations' about software engineering with some sympathy as I partly can support your 'findings' from my own experience. But given your last post here, you just seem to be another one trying to adjust reality to your own 'agenda' with a given result of the 'blame game' from the very start.