PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2011, 15:50
yaw_damper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AIRBUS COMPUTER-SMARTER theory...

I will begin with the A310-325 approaching CDG years ago.
Capturing G/P from above the plane overspeeded the flaps placard, obviously, THE SMART COMPUTER decided it is a go-around so throttles up, and nose-up trim!
The dummy in the L/H site pressed the yoke, and pressed the yoke and...
---> THE SMART COMPUTER trimmed further nose up, and trimmed...
So the little thing goes strait up like the smoke, one engine flamed out, the other was near enough and... at speed ZERO...
Yes, you got it, tail-way back to the Mother Earth...
It's said somebody gave a rudder input, like in an ''acrobatic pendulum'', the plane turned sideways the engines regained power by themselves...
The ground looked terrifically close and the front guys... Were, maybe wetting their underwear.
All that from 4000ft. to... God Almighty and back to 1800ft. when, in control, the bird lingered to the RWY.

I know nothing about A330, was only in the rear, from MRS-ORY many times in the '94, '95. Impressed by the wing mechanization, I know guys who said to me that A330 has 5 ways for each computer, for each thing aboard and it's the best of her class!
But the side-stick, and the computer all-knowingly...
Well I hardly understand how close they are to a play-station... and there are some presumed innocent living people in the rear, aren't they!?!

YES!!! the ''AVIGATE-NAVIGATE-COMMUNICATE'' ignored-rule is likely what took them out of sky ''God Bless Them All'',
But they had only 200 seconds from sky-high to death and so many announcements, faults, and an adverse responding computer in rough turbulent weather!!!
And they were JUST HUMANS trying in pitch black night, in rocking clouds to deal with all that havoc???
Just remember, if you know, the Qantas A380 incident!?!
Five mega pilots, hyper-instructors, ultra-experienced guys dealt 2h30min... 150min with announcements, check-lists, and defective gauges, systems and WHAT???!!!???
Finally decided to leave it all aside, go to land and to see on ground what's next...
They smartly decided to wait 90min on RWY, with the engine running, PAX ON-BOARD... a.s.o.!?!
AN THEY HAD ONLY ONE ENGINE EXPLODED!!! I don't say it was easy, NO! Just trying to compare the two situations?!?
In AF447 they were only two F/O, with probably the P/F NOT IN HIS LICENSED PLACE...!!!???!!!

Last edited by yaw_damper; 28th May 2011 at 17:10.