PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enough is enough
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2011, 11:42
Bn02fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm 21 female and if I could earn the money flying aeros and being an instructor I would more than happily do so... But the fact is I'll jump at a jet job for the money. Because I'd like to fly aeros on a weekly basis and you need a damn good job to pay for it... You'll be glad to know as a wannabe. I'm not jumping into any schemes yet I've decided to bide my time and wait for better prospects where I don't have to be integrated and paying 100k which is secured on my parents house. I'd rather not get my self into situations above or worse bankruptcy and loss of house.

Right now I'm cc, and I don't particularly like the idea of being sat next to a grump sweaty old man (stereotype - most aren't but I've worked plenty of times with guys just like this) who I have nothing in common with and doesn't have the time of day to look up from his paper to chat to me in a whole 14 hour duty... I dont want to sit on my arse and read a newspaper 12 hours a day for the next 40 years of my life even if I do get paid 40k + a year...

I want to fly! But reality is if I want to fly aeros or be an instructor I have to fly a jet at some point... The RAF is sadly no longer an option.

So I'm deciding my own future... And not letting the airlines dictate it for me... If a job comes along earning me the same, screw the suffocating airline job. I'm gonna love flying aeros every weekend instead.

Hope you guys ahead are happy your helping someone like me understand where I want to be... The posts above are valuable to me... And I'm sorry you guys haven't found your way, but the job isn't what most dream it would be...