PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2011, 11:15
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
pprune posts :: May2011Vid4PPRUNE.mp4 video by grauniad - Photobucket :
All that they wanted from the RAF that day was a safe ride to Fort George from Aldergrove
And they didn't get it, and the RAF failed them in that responsibility. I have no problem with that Walter, for that is indeed the nub of the matter. So what are you saying now, that the "Airworthiness Waffle" is part of the cover up? Talk about not seeing the wood for the trees! In my opinion the occupants of ZD576 died that day because the RAF (not the pilots!) failed them, and have been party to the cover up ever since. It pains me to say that, as someone proud to have served in the Service. But that is the wrong conspiracy and the wrong cover up for you, isn't it?
You made a revealing correction to my saying that having determined PRC112 was fitted you developed your theory of what happened from that, stating the reverse was true, ie the theory came first, and PRC112 thus confirmed that you were right, via "QED". No, Walter it doesn't work like that, and Mr Spock would rightly declare your reasoning to be illogical.
You rightly remind us of the human cost of this tragedy. As the final episode of the "World at War" implores; "Remember the Dead!". That is something all who post here do, I believe. I take it ill therefore when you imply that those who consider that the known Gross Unairworthiness of the Chinook HC2 then to be a factor in this tragedy, do not. It is that human cost, together with that of all the other airworthiness related Military Air Accidents, and the urgent need to reform UK Military Airworthiness Provision to avoid future needless deaths, that motivates me. What motivates you, Walter?