PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2011, 09:07
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just as constructive issues were being discussed it ploughs back down again. It seems "some animals are more equal than others".

My arguement us against the misrepresentative rubbish and just plain lazy & ignorant questions that are posted here. Both are indicative of the standard of applicant CX now appeals to. The level of response (from the likes of myself admittedly) comes from the exact experience, hard work, "hard yards" & effort that is mocked by this entire CPP / iCadet scheme and many applicants as well as present iCadets.

Admittedly some of the same have come from the other side of the arguement.

Too many here only only want the answers they want to hear and fight tooth & nail from an unintelligent view point ("world's most sophisticated aircraft under the protection of superb ATC"!.... what a joke!)

Both arguments should be permitted but with that comes the realisation that others will disagree. Like I wrote before, I'm happy for a constructive difference of opinions BUT come at me & all that I've worked for & my mates at CX with utter fictional dribble, ridicule & uneducated, misinformed, self appointed omniscient made-up atrempts to defend a stance then I will respond.

"If" we all stood together, turned down this AND other bull$hit scams out their degrading our profession then WE ALL would benefit. I know, it's never happened in aviation that I'm aware of because of too many "ME FIRST, SCREW EVERYONE ELSE" attitudes so prevalent above. Or the perceived "need it all NOW & bugger the long term consequences". I'd pay to see how long that attitude lasted on a flightdeck with lanyard wearing AOA Capts & FO's!!

For some (HK nationals) this is a better package due the HKPA - but borne from the bastardised use of the Racial Discrimination Ordinance. (How many know about that, the AOA's stance & how management used it to LOWER the terms & conditions as such?) And if pilots hadn't of begun to stay away from the original CPP package then this HKPA would have not been introduced at all. "We" spoke with our feet & a better offer was presented out of necessity. Fact.

You want your opinion heard then allow the others the same.

PS: bonding for training is illegal in HK. Hence CX have deliberately & sneakily tarted it up as a "loan". As such a loan can be forcibly repayed. Like the RDO, CX found a means away from the original intent to screw & manipulate it to create a favorable outcome for those in CX management lining their own pockets.