PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2011, 07:38
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yipoyan post#626, to that accident you can add 2 VERY near misses with the A310 involving Tarom at Orly & Interflug somewhere in the former E Germany ?

If you look them up in Aviation Safety Net you will be gobsmacked that they got away with it.

I too am gobsmacked, that in this day and age Airbus have managed to design another generation of machine that doesn't do what you could reasonably& logically expect.
Just as illogical as the trim system on the earlier generation, I cannot fathom any logic in a system that will trim back if YOU are pushing forward to unstall the aircraft.

As THY & Thomson proved in 737's, a dispute between the stab & the elevator will always be won by the big guy in an underwing engine configured jet transport.
I am also gobsmacked, given the history of previous pitot problems & indeed the need to design & fit uprated ones, why the crew were not taught & made comfortable with this scenario during their recurrent (if not initial ) training.
Surely this should have loomed LARGE in the recurrent sim syllabus as soon as the possibility was identified some time before.
Anyone familiar with Airbus ops in AF care to tell us if they were made sufficiently aware, & or trained , to cope with this scenario ?