PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Pilots, You Are Losing The Battle.
Old 28th May 2011, 04:06
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALAEA Fed Sec

The Qantasia quote is a good start.

I'll give you a some more items for starters

Focus on the outsourcing, how much work is done in house now compared to say 10 years ago. By outsourcing I mean everything, from support functions like IT through to engineering and pilots etc. Oursourcing here means anything that was done by a Qantas staff member that is now done by a contractor or subsidiary Qantas company whether is be in Australia or overseas.

Get the figures and start quoting percentage comparisions. Point out how Qantas is becoming less Australian. Clever wording can make it look that all the outsourcing has been off shored. Remember there's, lies, damn lies, and there's statistics. Also the first casualty in any war is the truth.

Start quoting reliability/failure rates and compared the pre outsourcing times, assuming they have deteriorated as people are suggesting.

Compare Qantas executive pay rises with the average working mans wage increases over that last 10 years.

Highlight the poor decisions re aircraft choices, i,e no 777's

You need to make the management look bad, not just once but with continual tid bits of information, and it needs to start immediately. Public opinion is what is important, keeping the powder dry for the big day will never work.

You guys have the moral high ground but that on it's own isn't going to win the battle, you need to get down and dirty like the other side have been doing.