PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2011, 02:42
theficklefinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I guess it's completely beyond all the experts in here to fathom the impossibility of an Airbus of the coast of SOUTH AMERICA to be in IMC from 38000 ft to the ground?

Well so much for the pilots trying to 'read instruments' when in fact they were probably in VMC conditions, which begs to ask the question if anyone in that cockpit could, would, or have the ability to simply stop looking at the panels and fly the plane straight and level...which would have required, against all training, hiring practices, and airline SOPS, to DISREGARD the instruments, disengage the autopilot, and just fly the plane...you guys remember that? When flying actually meant holding the yoke and not just moving a heading bug?

And even if, at best the A/S indicator was messed up, you know like the Dallas accident where someone forgot to turn on the pitot heat...in the end, I am sure, they either had an A/I to look at or the ocean for reference, so what exactly would have stopped them from leveling the nose, the wings, and going to a known power setting until they could figure out what was wrong with the tubes they were looking at?

I am almost wondering if another tail came off...