PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2011, 23:02
Checkboard

Received 121 Likes on 58 Posts
- Do not use FPV and/or V/S which are affected.
I don't know why this would be, as the FPV and the VS are derived purely from the Inertial Reference System (IRS).

So for you 'bus drivers!! Would love you to try it for real, but let's use the sim. Command 1.5 gees with aft stick and let us know if you can gradually let off the stick and maintain 1.5 gees. I don't think so. From what I read, as soon as you let go of the stick the plane tries to get to 1 gee.
That's right - the stick (usually) commands a G acceleration - pull back for 1.5G pitch up, and that's what you get as long as you hold the stick back. The nose raises - then when you return the stick to neutral, the nose stops rising, the G returns to 1G and the aircraft trims to that position, so the nose stays where you put it.

True, the AOA data would have also been false due to lack of airspeed on the vane
The AoA data from the vane is fed to the Air Data Units for stall calculation (and some other stuff). The PFD indications and the FPV are from the Inertial Reference Units - nothing to do with air sensing.