PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter advice
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2011, 21:00
helicopter-redeye

Better red than ...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. What should I look for when picking a Helicopter schools?

2. What is the average cost? the general consensus from the schools around my area (Bournemouth) seems to suggest to budget for somewhere between £13,000-£20,000 for everything.

3. Is there any schools in Bournemouth that anyone would recommend?

4. This question is fairly subjective but how hard are the exams to sit and obviously pass?

5. Final question is what sort of job opportunities are there if I was to obtain a Commercial licence?
Starter for 10

1. Financial stability, quality teaching, decent well maintained aircraft. Finally, do you trust your life with the guy or gal who would be teaching you? Can you get on with them as a person (don't have to be a mate, but can you have a professional relationship with them, as they are going to teach you a load of things that are quite important). Visit all the places you consider, talk to the Chief FI and spend some time with the person they propose would work with you. If it does not feel right, it probably isn’t.

2. About right. Set a budget, agree it with the school and work with them to build a plan to deliver the learning within that budget. Iz possible.

3. -- Personally can't comment. Only time I've been there was to GTS Ground School.

4. For somebody educated to a reasonable standard, not too hard. My son has passed most of the PPL exams and he has not done his GSCE's yet (he also had a go at the ATPL exam questions when I was doing them and was getting close to a pass mark, but he was younger then... )

5. Variable. More people will comment on this I expect.

Enjoy h-r