PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Typhoon Pilots 'unfit for flying' Sent Home
Old 27th May 2011, 19:06
Truck2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, good for all you front end guys. Thread was about two crew that pushed the limit too far. I hope they get what was coming. As a past 'back end' crew, (ie cabin staff/ground crew), a lot of the previous posters have missed the point. Just about everyone has commented on the good/bad aspects of 'flight crew' getting themselves in this mess, (which, with a bit of honesty, would have ended in a bloody BIG bollocking), and no one has mentioned that there could be hundreds of passengers behind these guys depending on the usually, utmost pofessionialism of 99% of all you aircrew.

As an ex-crew chief I have been in a similar state and I even though I cannot justify it, ( I have submitted a near miss on my thoughts), I have had the benefit of going down the back and sleeping it off. I have had to rectify a kite with the mother of all hangovers and have got it sorted out but what if I had got my diagnosis wrong and what of the knock on effects?

I am not calling the kettle black but, as I have said, I had the additional benefit of sleeping it off and 99% of my crews were the perfect professionals. It is a shame that a few let the trade down.