PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2011, 15:59
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The BEA report shocked the entire aviation community and I can sense this thing can do nothing else but snow ball and get huge momentum as very embarrassing questions will be asked.......as they already have above.
The french pilot community is going to have a very hard time swallowing this and no doubt the plot theory will be milling full speed.
Now, the good question is why ? Does it have to do with training ? Or what else ?
What does " experienced pilot " mean today ? Hours and hours of boring cruise at night doesn't really season you.......if you take the whole game for granted.
In this business, one has to remember that despite the sometimes utter boredom, one is still responsible for lives and this alone should keep you on edge.
We are in a job where our brain should never stop asking " what if..... " this keeps you awake for one thing but more important, reduces the gap between normal and wtf is happening when the dung hits the fan. That's the difference beween surprised and not surprised.
That's the difference between life and death.

AF is going to go through some very very testing times and some people will have to open their eyes.....or else.
We haven't seen the unpleasant side of this YET. There will be a civil trial somewhere down the line and some people will demand explainations.