PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Pilots, You Are Losing The Battle.
Old 27th May 2011, 15:18
fearcampaign

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is not 89

TG- This is nothing like 1989- 89 was UNPROTECTED industrial action. Pilots had to resign because they were getting sued, and of course they got replaced.It's Sad but this has nothing to do with 2011. We all know the pay is only 2.5% and is negotiable. The company is lying about the 26% to try it make it look like 89. Looks like you swallowed it hook line and sinker. Perhaps your fishing yourself????
What i really draw from your posts is that Qantas Pilots need to do this right.The guys stuffed it up in 89.
AIPA won back in 66 and they will win again. If we don't ensure Qantas Planes are flown by Qantas Pilots now then we may as well all resign now. It's put up or shut up time.

This final step has only been taken as it is PROTECTED. It was approved by a judge in FAIR WORK Australia. There are rules about what you can and cannot do. I say again it is PROTECTED. It is a legal right.

Even with the LIES from Qantas about 500k pay packets the poll/public were still in favour of us!!!!

We will never get 100% of what we want in the media.Some days we will win a little and some days we will lose a little.

Rather than bitch and moan on PPRUNE which is only read by pilots and management trolls i suggest the following;

-For the articles that support us, like them on your Face book page so your friends see them
-Email articles in favour to your friends
-Write a letter of reply to journos or write to your local mp
-Talk to friends/mates at the pub and keep them informed.
-If there is a radio show on, call up, change your name and let the bastards have it. Everyone has bottled up a spray to serve. Write it down in bullet points then call in
-If you have a problem/concern don't bottle it up. Call an AIPA rep. I did this a few days ago and it answered a lot of my questions. The guys have the finger on the pulse
-Spread the word on the line and remember who the enemy to job security is here
-If you get fired up then roll up your sleeves and get proactive!!! Don't Bitch on here and think anyone listens.