PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OMNI aviation philippines
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2011, 12:07
frag.ile001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
apologies

for the person to whom i replied to, i apologize, it wasnt meant as a counter.

anyway, ive been to 3 different flying schools, shopping around, and the school i keep coming back to is OMNI.

i have several friends there and met new ones through them. and through these guys and girls, i get the actual low down on the rumors that have been spreading through these forums.

the high priced licensing fees are true.. im not sure how much it is now, but as one of you posted, it was at 30k.

BUT

the licensing fees or liason fees ARE NOT MANDATORY. this is for your convenience. you CAN CHOOSE to not pay for this, but you will then have to apply for your licenses and certificates yourself. and by doing this, you keep costs down, around 2k (approximation) for the whole set (medical fees and CAAP licensing fees). aside from that, you get to learn how CAAP works, where your papers are, and who to talk to when they cant find it.

OMNI may seem the best flying school presently, but it is not perfect. and ive seen firsthand its many flaws.. and to say the least, its not the instructors, ground and flight, that will bring the school down... 'nuff said.