PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Flight Planning Holding Fuel Query
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2011, 11:39
Mattoosular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL Flight Planning Holding Fuel Query

Hi,

I have my ATPL Flight planning exam on Monday (my last ATPL....finally). Self studied... regrettably.

Basically, I seem to do quite well in the practice exams (Rob Avery), but the only area that seems to let me down is acceptable/suitable/inter/tempo considerations. I understand WIP and Traffic. Could someone confirm that the following is correct?

For ETP, normal needs holding fuel for whatever is required at destination. Depressurization doesn't require any holding at all, One engine inoperative requires weather only holding (inter/ tempo) at either the destination or departure airport - what ever is worse.

For PNR, Depress is same, but normal and ENG INOP requires holding fuel which only considers the airport the aircraft plans to turn around to (and again, INOP doesnt require traffic or WIP under and circumstances)....? It's the last paragraph that I'm confused about :S

Eg, Going Alice to Bris, working out PNR for Mt Isa, so if Mt Isa has INTER and Bris has TEMPO, you only need INTER holding fuel?

Thanks for your help!