PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Pilots, You Are Losing The Battle.
Old 27th May 2011, 11:35
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Us 89ers are getting the creeps. A few facts from one who has been there. (1) there will be pilots that will not join you. (2) be prepared for escalation. Sure up your finances, get a bit of work if needed from perhaps a tradie mate (and lose 5kgs) (3) accept the fact that the country is controlled by a Labor Govt, who has little time for captalist, elitist, money making, private school educated, nicking peoples seats on aircraft, pilots and that is you, or at least that is how you will be painted. No Labor govt. is going to support you. This is now the time to contact the Liberal Party, tell them your plans, ask for support, and they will, if Gillard gives you a spray in parliment, and she probably will. Contact your MP if Liberal, don't bother if Labor ( I say this from sad experience). (4) Your kids could suffer. Ours did. Kids can be cruel, tell them what is going on and why, otherwise in the school ground your kids could be tomented and bullied, sounds far fetched? It happened to many of our kids and that was 89. (5)Stick together, but some will still break rank, some will go the other way and become total mavericks, its human nature, This is of course for a situation that for all intents will not happen, but as pilots we were all trained to expect the unexpected, seach for a nice clean paddock, and never trust the bastard. Remember that. I am sorry it has come to this, I hoped it never would again, and I sincerely hope none of you ever have to go thru the **** that happened to us. Good luck