PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Pilots, You Are Losing The Battle.
Old 27th May 2011, 02:38
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
FFS GET EXPERT PROFESSIONAL PR HELP!

Sorry for the shouting, but Joyces PR minions will have the next three stories already sitting on ice.

They will also have the script for the public interest stories ready to cut and paste for when you do strike, you know the ones with:

"My baby grand daughter is dying of Cancer in Brisbane and I'm stuck here in Hobart, thanks to those greedy pilots, it just isn't right."

Qantas goes to the Courts and has the strike declared illegal on essential public service grounds. The Gillard Government won't intervene because it could risk Abbott weighing in and causing the Government to fall if the independents side with Abbott.

You can do all you want with social media and it will help. but only if you have a professionally prepared list of talking points and stay on message.

I suppose it is just possible that the union might be playing a deep PR game, but I suspect its more likely that you think that because you are "professionals" you shouldn't stoop to the level of Joyces gutter tactics. Companies often request unions to be "gentlemanly" and "professional" in negotiations, don't fall for it. If that is the case, then I'm afraid you are fatally mistaken.

Last edited by Sunfish; 27th May 2011 at 02:50.