PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future of Qantas in jeopardy: Joyce (Merged)
Old 27th May 2011, 01:31
The Green Goblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it just me or is it ironic that QF HQ is on 'coward' street?

Joyce, stop being such a bloody coward. Get out there, engage your staff, look them in the eye and show some leadership. Take Qantas where everyone wants it to go. FORWARD! Not one Australian (even your opposition VA) want to see it go down the tubes. Follow JBs lead and do something constructive.

Everyone in the company is desperate to feel proud again, they want Qantas to succeed. You and your cronies are the ones who are causing this sham.

Buy some decent proven aeroplanes (777) piss off the dugong (convert the remaining orders for A350s to cover if the dreambreakers don't do what they are supposed to do, yes plan B I think it's called), get some 748s to compliment the 777s on the trunk routes, and invest in world class engineering facilities to attract contract work to cover your own maintenance and labour bills.

If you announced you were doing the above to revitalize the brand and asked for pay freezes, mark my words - most would be ecstatic and go on the ride with you. The staff just want some leadership.

Oh and announce you're freezing your own and executive pay and will only unfreeze it when you feel comfortable to reward your staff with their own increases.

That would be a pretty good olive branch to kick off the new Qantas.

The ball is in your court.