PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Pilots, You Are Losing The Battle.
Old 27th May 2011, 01:29
aussiepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Facebook and other social media

Guys,

It seems that you are having trouble getting the facts out to the public. The media is too busy mis-reporting or looking out for their advertising budget. The details that could win this fight are making their way onto PPRune, unfortunately Joe Public has never heard of this forum.

Perhaps someone tech savvy amongst you could set up a "Face book" group in support of Australian employees. Play the same game that AJ is playing, but put the truth out there. All the engineering issues, bad decisions and possible outcomes that offshoring can have should be posted. Counter the lies with calm explanations.

If everyone on here joins the group, then gets their friends and family to join, it would grow quickly. These days, the media and politicians pay more attention to social media then probably should be deserved, but this is the world we live in.
Eventually, the truth will reach the shareholders and maybe changes will occur.

The risk with this approach is it will not be annonymous. I don't know how that fits in with legal obligations/PIA. Hopefully someone could comment.

Finally, I am not a Qantas employee, but I am a professional pilot who has aspirations of possibly working there once I reach the end of my current career. This is just an idea I came up with this morning, hopefully it can be of use.

You have my full support.

Last edited by aussiepilot; 27th May 2011 at 01:31. Reason: PPRune won't let me say "face book"