PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blue Angels stood down / grounded?
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2011, 01:27
dropintheoggin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The escape is pre-briefed. If there are two or three of you, it's pretty straightforward (I hope - left or right as appropriate). The more aeroplanes, the more complicated. For example, a thirty degree bank right and up, a sixty degree bank right and up, a thirty degree bank and down, etc. Your mate may follow, especially if you're in the middle!
It's not quite that easy (I know you said "For example"...). It might be when you're S&L but every Reds' manoeuvre has it's own specific escape. A brief I saw had them running through what would happen if the leader lost his engine half way up a loop. Each guy/girl was shouting out what they would do and where they expected the other members to be. Hats off I say, especially as they run through the same procedure for each manoeuvre (in different briefs).

As for the Blue Angels' vid, a smidge of an extension over the top followed by a tiny let out 'down the hill' might have lead to a lower than normal bottom out, but that's mere conjecture. Whether 2&3 were meant to pull out individually would be interesting to hear, it certainly didn't look controlled and synchronised.

I hope the Team aren't in any dwang and can continue with a successful season.

DITO