PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF showcase Apache helicopter amid Libya rumours (at RAF Wattisham)
Old 26th May 2011, 18:44
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 500N
no-one in journalism that has any real knowledge or understanding of ANYTHING

Except maybe the Royals where they seem to have dedicated people
You only think you know these dedicated people get it right because you know no different.

Remember Prince Charles's comment:

When BBC Royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell asked Prince Charles about his feelings in the run-up to his wedding to Camilla Parker Bowles on 8 April in Windsor, he was given a terse reply.

"I am very glad you have heard of it, anyway," the prince said.

He added quietly to Prince William and Harry: "These bloody people. I can't bear that man. I mean, he's so awful, he really is."

Jenni Bond was also miffed at one point. She thought as the BBC's Royal Correspondent and therefore the (IHO) premier reporter was also snubbed and treated no differently from the rest of the ........

PS,

I remember one torygraph article, good half page, wonderfully explicit graphics, accurate to a T. Shortly afterwards I was talking to our media man at the Ministry (a real one wg cdr) and commented on it. He said the whole article was written and prepared by the RAF Media Comms and printed exactly by the torygraph with not one hint or acknowledgement.

Believe what youn read in the press at your peril. No different from politicians. All they want is personal kudos, more pay, and to sell papers.