PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Use of autopilot for instrument rating tests
Old 26th May 2011, 16:00
muncen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soon it all will be gone...

I really like to see you praising the raw data in a decade from now when I.L.S. will sound like LORAN. It's all RNAV, its all satelites, and digital. Wake up people, pilots will be panel operators only and it might happen in our time. Just look at the size of the STBY instruments on your panel now and tell me: were they seriously thinking that you ever going to use it? this is the joke of the century.... Give it up people, it's all paperless cockpit, fly by wire, and it will be silly to go on a new trend and still train on the old cockpit style. If it was not about money, most airports will phase out their junk and follow newer technologies. This is not saying we don't need to be able to control the airplane at any time, but it's the scream of let's do it right, let’s not waste time on failures that happen once in 10 years, lets sharpen our skills on dual engines out as it just happened twice this past year, yes Hudson river and British airways on final incidents, ditching, and forced landing needs some attention. let’s give up the old mentality and really do quality training in the base check. At the end of this exhausting argument, it's my personal opinion and i respect yours, I also know we are not showing off here, but trying to re-arrange priorities.