PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone interested in the Profession anymore?
Old 26th May 2011, 15:35
Clandestino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Polax52, please do yourself a favor and scroll the page all the way down. Read the red warning - there's a faint possibility it just might be relevant.

Now, if I were unscrupulous owner of flying school and my business model is to train far more pilots than job market demands - or go bust, It would be in my best interest to make potential vict... I mean future airline pilots, think their decision to invest time and money in training towards ATPL was very wise and sound. Posing as an airline pilot on anonymous forum and rebuking everyone claiming it's not all wine & roses in cockpit and around it would certainly be one of my marketing tools. If for no other reason, then because it's free.

Of course, in our world, which is the best of all possible worlds, there is no such thing as an unscrupulous FTO owner. Pilots are underworked, overpaid and well respected. The Invisible Hand Of Market (TM) takes care of any inefficiency, therefore there are no excessive numbers of candidates enrolled into ATPL courses and everyone finishing them has an excellent chance of getting employed in reasonable time.