PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2011, 15:10
Safety Concerns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a passenger, I can entrust my life to someone who puts his own life on the line with mine.
As a fare paying passenger I want to know that you are doing exactly as required by the regulations and that you have taken all reasonable care to ensure that I arrive in one piece at my destination. I do not want a chancer up front.

Computer easily wins if given a choice because humans are more fallible. Simple statistical fact.

f you view an accident as a series of links in a chain, or a series of holes in slices of cheese - whichever one prefers - surely the elimination of any link, or hole, is a valuable goal.
Most sensible comment since the beginning of the thread.

jcjeant you are getting boring. Air France had every opportunity to replace the probes just like everyone else. The fact they questioned it and left it very late before replacing, apparently to save money, says more about Air France than Airbus, Thales or Goodrich.

The A330 is a mighty fine aircraft. Pilots will never match the computers and its pretty blinkered to think you can. Safety statistics have never been better. Even if the software pitched the aircraft up in this case and I say IF, there was still no guarantee that this aircraft would have been saved.

I remind you all of the analogue 757 that lost its speed indications, the Birginair 757 that had ONE blocked tube.

Think about it.