PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmibaby
Thread: Bmibaby
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2011, 13:48
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when baby had 21 aircraft they should have stuck with 7 each in BHX MAN EMA , CWL MME were distractions
Couldn't agree more, they lost a big opportunity to strengthen themselves in markets that at the time EZY and to a lesser extent FR were not interested in. Although it is painful for those employed and now losing their jobs at CWL and MAN by Baby, as a company they have done the right thing to come back to their Midlands routes and become the Midlands loco of choice. I have far more faith in their commitment to BHX than FR who (as pointed out) close bases with little notice (and IMO have done nothing for BHX in terms of stable route growth). Baby does have a strong brand image and awareness in the Midlands, lets hope the new routes announced are not the last, I don't think they will be.

As far as I can see all airlines at some point chop and change schedules, incl WW, with little or no notice, I have had my fair share of 'change to flight time' emails from a variety of airlines incl FR, EZY and TOM.