PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Does the CEO of QF do anything?
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2011, 12:17
speeeedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks unionist:

1. Sack anyone responsible for the Ansett collapse, that takes out AJ, LS and LG.

2. Reshape the board, it is not a networkers club, it is supposed to be a broad cross section who can supervise/advise/direct/guide the executives. This would need at least a third (not turd) with real coal face aviation experience.

3. Do a deal with Pilots and Engineers to Fly/Fix QF aeroplanes in return for some trade offs (example: pay freeze in return for bonus shares if results warrant etc).

4. Similar deal with all other staff - call a truce, make it clear we are back on track ready to take on the world.

5. Sell Jetstar, it would bring in $12 Trillion if you believe AJ's rhetoric. I'll take $2 Billion but I'll keep our 330's thanks. I'll consider cheaper offers if you promise to take BB with the deal.

6. Replace older 767's with the returned 330's and upgrade the newest 767's with decent IFE and seats to keep the show on the road until the 78's arrive.

7. Get rid of the 734's and upgrade 738's to all have in seat IFE, buy lots more to replace the Jetstar services.

8. Flexible last rows on Domestic to be LCC with Velco headrest covers for quick reconfig each leg. You get seat only. Checked in Baggage extra, IFE extra, Food/Drink Extra.

9. Buy 25 777-300ER's to replace 744's (but keep the ER's).

10. Daily BNE (330) MEL (330) SYD (777) to PVG.

11. Hub out of PVG to multiple ports in Europe.

12. Late night flights out of SYD/MEL/BNE/PER to SIN with early morning arrival and connections to LHR.

13. DFW with 777's (it will actually do it)

14. SYD - YVR - YYZ Daily.

15. Try to steal Etihad back or do a deal with Emirates for mid-east flying.

16. Properly assess the 787, if it's a dud then ditch it and get more 330's with some orders for 350's.

So.... That is week one, I'll think about week 2 if I get the job.

Last edited by speeeedy; 26th May 2011 at 12:29.