PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2011, 11:56
Em773ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way I see it is if someone decided to go down the self sponsored route and fund their own training they would:
be wasting more years of their life working in jobs they do not care about to earn money to fund enormously expensive training
Have to fund their training which will cost thousands upon thousands
Have NO gurantee of a job at the end of having invested their thousands unless they were lucky enough to land themself a spot on a mentored pilot program (although I guess this would only really be applicable to EU wanabees as right to work is required for the EU mentored programs)
Have a huge amount of debt to pay back and be on a crap starting salary which would only compound the problem (versus the starting salary at CX which is good!)
i am working full time and paying as i go. no debts what so ever...
its a financial bonus that i don't have a girlfriend/wife or kids or a mortgage, but yes its doable. i agree for some people its harder to pay as you go, but if the determination is there, you will make it work. relying on CX isn't the best option anyways, how do you know you will get offered?

p.s i care about my job very much, in fact i enjoy it and its a bonus that it can fund for training