PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - working for gulf helicopters
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2011, 08:11
HELIHUG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Work at Gulf Helicopters

Piggybank... I cannot speak for Abu Dhabi and I only visit Doha occasionally but I can tell you about single accommodation there.

Much depends on who you share the villas with.

The accommodation for single engineers is in shared 4 bed villas . GH have around a dozen villas in a complex called Oasis Villas which is about 15 / 20 minutes from the GH Heliport depending on traffic.

It has a pool and a gym if you feel so inclined. TV is provided but satellite coverage seems to vary from villa to villa as does internet connection.

Foodwise you have a kitchen with fridge space for your own stuff and a couple of decent supermarkets just over the road if you want to cook for yourself.

There are a couple of cafes over the road as well for the usual burgers or the like.All the takeaway pizza houses know the compound and will deliver.You have a houseboy to do your cleaning, washing and washing up.

Transport is by company minibus or if you get to know those with transport you can always cadge a lift . You really need your own transport to get to downtown Doha but taxis are reasonably cheap.

Alcohol is available in the compound but Doha is not exactly exciting for a wild night out......