PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legalities of Pilot Strike Breakers
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2011, 05:18
Beer Baron

Received 158 Likes on 51 Posts
RAD ALT ALIVE, you seem to believe that doing nothing will improve the situation. 2 years ago you stated:
Has it occurred to you that the contract on offer now, may not be the one you're on in the long term? The contract that was in place at JQ when I joined was nothing to rave about. But a few short years later, although still not perfect, it's alot better than it was.

Those who can see past their bulging hip pockets may well see a future where negotiation and compromise result in a improvements to pay and conditions.
Yet this was a false utopia. Things at JQ got worse, much worse recently. Even to the point where you yourself walked away. Yet you still don't feel the need to fight for what is right. Sure you voted with your feet, and good on you for that. However 1700 long haul Qantas pilots can not just up and leave, so we must stand together and fight.
The attitude you display in comments like:
I could well have jumped up and down and got behind the union band-wagon. But I couldn't be bothered wasting my time.
will achieve nothing for the long term health of our profession in Australia.

I do not mean to sound rude and I take your point on being cognisant of the potential pitfalls in the AIPA strategy but I believe that at some point we must stand up for what we believe in.