PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legalities of Pilot Strike Breakers
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2011, 03:58
RAD_ALT_ALIVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For what it's worth, I work for neither Jetstar, nor shorthaul (though what relevance my employer has to my post is a bit hard for me to see).

And it's quite obvious that my post has been taken out of context by at least one contributor; to say I've started a fear campaign is ridiculous. For the vast majority of the pilots concerned with this dispute to not have taken the time to think about the possible negative consequences of pursuing this course of action would be unwise to say the least.

A military campaign was never started that didn't at least consider the worst-case scenario. An industrial campaign should be no different.

But AIPA (as is their right) only give one side and one list of outcomes. The company (as is their right) give the opposite viewpoint. Why not ask AIPA what their think-tank has determined to be the 'worst-case' outcome? We know what the 'best-case' is - it's be nice to benefit from the knowledge of the other. Do the same with your Chief Pilot.

Let me spell it out - I am not employed by QF or JQ. I left my employ in the past because I realised that we (management and I) didn't see eye-to-eye on career path, employment satisfaction, respect and job security.

I could well have jumped up and down and got behind the union band-wagon. But I couldn't be bothered wasting my time. There's a whole aviation world out there - if you don't like where you're at, then start applying for positions (if you look at Parc's website, there are many great contracts, including ozzie basings available). If you do like where you're at, then make the decision to stay and work within the boundaries of the ever-changing workplace rules that management implement. But if you do fall in behind AIPA, then be very clear that one outcome is great success, but the other outcome is not worth contemplating. 1966 was not only a different time, it may as well have been a different planet as far as industrial relations laws, industrial landscape and issue-similarity are concerned. Make no mistake: (from my observations) QF management want an end to the longhaul award. From their perspective, it is tedious to deal with, and lacks efficiencies and productivity.

I have quite a few QF mates who I care alot about. I am also concerned for the wellbeing of the rest who I don't know. That is why I posted what I did; to give an objective slant on the basis of the obvious changes that have been made since 2004 within The Group. And what my personal opinion is, of what management's plans/contingencies are in the event that longhaul take PIA.

Still and all - it's clearly wasted on those who don't want to see any alternatives.

As I said - good luck to all.