PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CEP Last Attempt! HELP!!
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2001, 01:25
tiggerair

Thumbs up

I also went for the aptitude assessments on the 26 feb and was fortunate enough to get through. if you have been before you already have a good idea of what is involved in the numeracy test. I did do loads of work to prepare for the numeracy and verbal reasoning, because i dont think you can really prepare for the computer based things, so give yourself the best shot by storming the parts you can prepare for. You need to pass all three sections, and the maths is 25 questions in 12 minutes, the rumour being the pass mark is 15, but it is a rumour. To practice, i bought loads of maths books- numeracy and how to pass numeracy tests and graduate test books, and went to the library to get examples and just kept doing them and doing them. I am not a maths genius like a lot of aviators,being engineer minded i have a B in GCSE maths and no more. The questions are basic numeracy- %, areas, additon etc. it is the manner in which they are worded and the time constraint that makes it a bugger. PPrune information helps, some of the questions are actually listed. Sad as it may be, just practice lots and time yourself, i spent weeks if not months brushng up on maths i hadnt done since GCSE and just kept re-doing examples of the kind in the tests. Its paid of for me, give it all youve got it is worth it . good luck.
Anyone with top tips for final board much appreciated