PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New JQ Contract
Thread: New JQ Contract
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2011, 11:30
Compylot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Although it seems like pilots have had a win over management in this case..
I agree totally, it seems there has been a win over management, the Jetstar pilots can feel all fluffy for a little while about their emails, yet this has shown their hand and will provide an insight to management into how best to make the next move to implement the conditions they want.

Make no mistake they will forge ahead in their plans.

My point is that pilots being pilots are so easily carved up like soft butter.

My point in case is that you get comments such as that from the goblin degenerating those who accepted the new contract.

There are pilots on the 717 working for 'Qantaslink' on less than what Jetstar are offering, do you want to 'name and shame' them too Goblin? Or perhaps give them the ultimate penalty and deny them your company at the bar

Accepting pay and conditions less than than what should be the minimum to 'build hours' or 'get experience to move on' has, is, and continues to be an endemic cancer in aviation.

I would argue that the rot could be traced back to pilots in Australia paying for their own jet endorsements in the late 90s. Perhaps others would say it could be traced back further.

Management in airlines have realised this, and the same attitude that means some pilots 'work for free' to get their first charter job, means they will accept anything presented to them for their 'first jet job'

What will stop the rot? One united industry wide pilot body, from student up to ATPL that doesn't differentiate between airlines or employers that dictates the absolute minimum pay and conditions from a cessna to a boeing.

Is that ever going to happen?

Certainly not.

Too many egotistical, dick swinging, self serving, personalities that at the end of the day define what the vast majority of pilots are made of.

Simply put, it's just too easy to become a pilot in this day and age. There is nothing to it. Line of credit and half a brain will get anyone into the right hand seat.

Last edited by Compylot; 25th May 2011 at 12:10.