PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logbook in German language. I can't understand, please help...
Old 25th May 2011, 11:03
Cavalryman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Logbook in German language. I can't understand, please help...

Hello.

I am fighting with documentation on Piper PA-28-235 from previous operator. There are some phrases and abbreviations in German, that google can't handle. Please, could you help me.

1) There is a table with all the inspections / replacements containing "last done" and "Next due" dates / flight hours. In that table there are Brake Flexible Hoses (Flex. Schlauchleitungen - Bremse), which is to be replaced each 20 years. But there is no "last done" and next due" date. There is only mark: Halterinfo siehe Beiblatt.
In the same kind of table, corresponding to earlier checks that note about lexible hoses is following: Halterinfo lt. Befund zur JNP 006/08 vom 29.01.08 (inspection was completed at 29.01.2008). What this could mean ? Some kind of extension ?
It is interesting, that this AC passed ARC with Flexible hoses NEVER changed. Mfg. year is 1970.

2) I don't have logbooks... only those tables. How do you think is it polite to call to Maintenance/CAMO organisation of previous owner and to ask them "what is going on" ?

3) Is it true, that Owner/Operator can decline any inspection of aircraft ? Is it possible, that all those years, owner was just cancelling flexible hoses replacement ?

P.S. Piper AMM is so complicated in comparative (compare) with Cessna. Sorry, for a lot of letters... I am pissed off little bit