PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Incredible India for expats...or better not?
Old 25th May 2011, 10:17
PILOTHUNK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spice India HR mess

I know a group which joined there recently and has been paid 50% salary and the rest has been a fiasco. They have still not cleared those pending salaries as the agency involved is fighting for everyones balance salary and at the latest now is that the agency not receiving their payments so called P.M.F. The company is run by bunch of people in HR & Ops who dont know word of ethics and think deducting salaries and agency payments will bring them into profits. They all think they are untouchable and do not honor contracts of either their employees or agencies. Besides that , as a Captain B737 NG , i have had a lot of contracts done in the past , but never heard of any such situations ever.
If they dont solve this current situation and think they are untouchable , they are wrong. As a Former Director i do know, you never cut salaries with the pilots, due to the fact they are responsible for the turnover of the company.if you cut costs this way you loose money at the end.
you cut costs in the office ,where people not capable of handling situations with dignity and respect are fired, nothing more and nothing less .
It has nothing to do with culture, it has to do with mentality and lazyness.
At the end ,they will be stuck with airplanes sitting on the ground with no crews, especially because there are no indian nationals to fly them.
They will chase every qualified and respected pilot away , thanks to their mentality.
The other companies will sit and start increasing their movements.
The strange fact is that the CFO and COO and CEO are not informed about these situations ,the cause is the ,,silence,, of the middle management to them.
Lets wait and see if they proceed with this mentality , when they pay everybody in time as they used to do, and change their mentality , and fire a lot of useless people , it will improve and then there are pilots who wish to start flying and continue flying in India.