PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL theory before PPL ?
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2011, 10:14
Chuck-ski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers guys - as for starting reading ATPL books up as I said - I have not splashed out on new books, I have a set of old second hand ones & albeit its naive to think I can take it all in & understand it at this stage all I want to do is go through the lot well in advance to try & get the basic points. I do have engineering background which helps a lot.

I agree about being too early to study it proper, some stuff is just ummm.... hard to get, but what I am getting at is with me having a few months with nothing to do then it won't hurt to try & get as much as I can out of an old set of ATPL books, especially as I'm quite good at self-study - a constructive use of spare time.

Having said that, I did not know you have to log hours etc. on the proper course so thank you for the input.

In fact thanks for all the comments guys, I'm not proud, just naive & will take it all on board - glad I made you smile KAG , but I see your point. As I said I went through Gen Nav, Air Law & Met but my head hurts & although I understood a quite lot of it at the time, if Im being honest I cant remember much of it off top of my head.....

Besides I got the feeling that a lot of the stuff just "makes more sense" when you actually have done some flying.

Thank you...