PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Air Force Club
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2011, 20:45
Tankertrashnav

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
You may actually benefit ...if you've been a member for 25 years and you are 65 - the Newsletter appears to say the sub is being reduced by 25% which may be better [at least for the time being] than being 'frozen'
Unfortunately, although if I tot it up I have been a member for well over 25 years, (12 years when serving) I have only been a member continuously since 1993, so looks I'll have to wait till I'm well over 70 till I get the 25% discount (I expect by then some new wheeze will have pushed the date back another 5 years, etc etc).

I'm starting to think that maybe I'll take chopabeefer's advice and cancel my membership. Quite frankly the rooms are substandard, the food is only so so, so spending well over £100 a year for the undoubted pleasure of having a gin and tonic in the Cowdray Lounge seems a bit excessive.

I'm emailing the club secretary with a link to this thread, with a request that he also points it out to the member of the board of trustees who authored the report in the newsletter.