PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apocryphal SWO stories out there.......
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2011, 20:37
Samuel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not exactly a SWO story, but similar! As a Flt Lt RNZAF in ANZUK from 1974-76,I frequently had occasion to visit Nee Soon Camp which at that time housed the 1st Battalion The Gordon Highlanders. I noted that every Monday morning, after being marched in front of the CO for various misdemeanours, one or two soldiers were marched down to the Guardroom, in full dress uniform, and clang, in they went for three days.

One particular guy was a regular offender apparently, and you could just about set your watch on Monday morning that he would be marched down the road; then all of a sudden his visits stopped. My WO was very friendly with the Gordons RSM, and he asked me if he could bring him to the Officers' Sgts Christmas drinks session in the Kiwi Mess and of course I was happy to agree.

The RSM turned out to be a very agreeable guy, but I had to ask, what had happened to his regular Monday morning offender? "Oh, him" he says, " well it was pretty obvious traditional discipline wasn't working, so we found another way to cure him. I took him behind the guardroom and thumped him".