PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing vs Airbus subsidies (split)
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2002, 04:03
Ignition Override

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

Lu Zuckerman: Carnage Matey highlighted one of my remarks from a previous page on this topic, which was an example to show that I don't make points by using hints between the lines, regarding Pprune discussions. I still wonder whether those export tax breaks given to Boeing (maybe to help a little bit to compete with Airbus?), along with sales to tiny Taiwan and Israel (also somewhat small), pressured or not, really compare to the billions of dollars given to Airbus by the various European taxpayers' elected officials. Let's not forgot those NASA wingtips, no matter how small. You folks provided food for thought and debate.

From what I remember, and just now read in "Modern Commercial Aircraft (1987)" and "Modern Military Aircraft (1979) ", certain European aircraft industries (Airbus began as an Anglo/French initiative in 1965, with German participation from 1967), which have been for many years partners of the Airbus consortium, also produce military planes or parts. Is this not the case, for example with Jaguars (300 delivered by '77: British A./Dassault-Breguet), Nimrod (program cost estimated at 400 million pounds: HS/B.A.), Panavia Tornado (809 aircraft were planned: Bae/MBB/Aeritalia), C-160 Transall (179 planned: Aerosp./MBB/VFW-Fokker),with RR/SNECMA/MTU/FN engines? The Alpha Jet trainer/light strike/Aufklarung=reconn. (233 planned: Dassault-Breguet/Dornier) with SNECMA/Turbomeca engines, with trainers assembled at Toulouse and Oberpfaffenhofen (cordon bleu or Schnitzel mit Spaetzle/grosses Fanta for lunch)?

Does this partial listing suggest a very substantial revenue from sales of those excellent aircraft to member nation military departments? This must have somehow helped many of the Airbus partner companies' revenue over there, but not just to a small extent? I could be mistaken.

Back to KAL...

Last edited by Ignition Override; 30th Sep 2002 at 04:14.