PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Men's Health Qantas CEO and prostate cancer advice.
Old 24th May 2011, 05:41
Wallsofchina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trying to eliminate the competition simsalabim?

I read the novel by Chapman, Barratt, Stockler, and it proves there's always someone trying to put a different spin on something.

I've had prostate cancer, could have had a much reduced treatment with less side effects if the family doctor had bothered to do blood tests for PSA as well as physical checks.

Sure there are emotional highs and lows - certainly more than I ever expected but you may well be making a choice between life and death.

I would compare the thoughts of these people with not doing a magneto check in case the result worries you.

We have approx. 1500 road deaths each year in Australia - both men and women, and there are strict, almost draconian laws to try and prevent this, including such things as speed cameras.

Yet we have approx 3300 deaths prostate cancer every year, and that's men only, so the rate is well over double.

And about 20,000 men are diagnosed each year.

What we do know is the earlier you find out and start some form of treatment, the less invasive it is and the better the chance of survival.