PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2011, 05:37
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha! You confuse anger with pitiful despair at the bottom feeders who want to keep digging lower.

You applied and FAILED a far far lower standard of interview than your predecessors!!

3000 hrs TT, 2500 hrs CRJ and kids with ZERO hours beat you into a job??!!

Attended one in HK a couple weeks back (never had an initial interview) and was turned down.
My background:
- USA Regional FO
- 3,000 Total Hours (2,500 in the CRJ7)
- Nuclear Engineering major (probably a dead give-away as to who I am )
Yes, a failured nuclear engineer & now failed iCadet. Hide all loose & sharp objects when depressed, my 2 cents worth.

For me, it was just another example of how my services are worth less than the generation before me: Shareholders demand continually increasing profit margins, so the front-line workers get squeezed more and more.

Thank you Capitalism. :middlefinger:
And yet you ASK / BEG to be treated like this?! What's more argue against the likes of us trying say the same damn thing! We know it, see it, and oppose it. You know it, see it & seek to be a part of it. Such integrity? Or more of a sell-out?

(Where's the middle finger emoticon?)
I & many thousands of pilots have one for you.

The negative comments related to this job are (understandably) posted by people who have a better job now, whether it be with Cathay or someone else. Good for them. But keep in mind you don't have their job: Criticism is easy to dish out when everything's good with numero uno.
So you "understand" the negative comments you say? Obviously you say one thing but do another. Maybe the personality psych testing revealed too much in the CX interview?

"Everything good with them" you say. No. The wannabe but failed sell-outs like you have & continue to ensure things will not be the same & our collective terms & conditions are lowered.

I almost laughed at the final interview when the HR rep said "okay, so let's say you take the job, and yeah it'll be fun and exciting for the first year or two..." FIRST YEAR OR TWO?!? Try the first half-hour into my first ID..) this job may not be for you.
And yet STILL you applied & chased it! And what's more tell others to do the same? You tell others to take what you laugh at. Do you have any character or integrity at all?

If (for some reason) they actually raise it again, and you don't get that raise, and there's better opportunities out there, tell them to f*** themselves and find a new job.
Ummm..... But wasn't it CX who told YOU "to f*** (yourself) and find a new job"????

Such wisdom. Join low & hope? "Better (LONG TERM) opportunities"? Dozens of posts highlighting them but laziness, ignorance, naivety & arrogance prevents anyone from looking.

So, there's the caliber of iCadet failure offering advice & direction. Fella, if you're going to granstand have the runs on the board first.

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 24th May 2011 at 06:04.