PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VIII
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2011, 02:35
elrehab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks Zarah, you're right. Research is a must. I feel now what i wanted at 20 years of age differs to what i know want at 30. I'm really here reallly trying to tell older people who do want to apply, to not let age get in the way. Before i got the job, i let my age influence me a little in thinking negatively, and that they will hire young, pretty girls, but that wasnt the case. I think interviewers are not dumb, they will choose based on the vibe they feel from you. So its not about pretty looks. if you're pretty and dumb, well they wont have confidence you'll get the job done so they wont hire you. I've flown Emirates and i sense a really confident streak with their crew. I know what Emirates wants. If you are planning to become cabin crew with emirates, i feel you should book a holiday and fly with them, so you understand them better.

A lot of people live in a dream world, Emirates is not the only airline around. People who have never flown with them as passengers shouldnt go crazy about thinking how great they are. You need to experience it for yourself. Truly, they do the same job as cabin crew from other airlines. I honestly only liked emirates because of the food..theres plenty of it..thats about it...

A woman i know was nearly 40 and hired all because she had a great personality and the interviewers saw that. She told me they told her that we dont really need to interview you, because we want you. How cool is that!. And if you are very young and didnt make it, then immaturity is probably why.

I wanna say to people, dont worry about age and if you feel you are too old.. Dont give up your studies to join an airline. Having a degree is important and they asked me this in my interview. They also ask you this, when you apply online for emirates, so they obviously view this highly.

and if you have prior experience in working for an airline, then you'll breeze through the interview. So start off anywhere and then work you're way up applying for such airlines as emirates. Well anyway, thats my plan.

My friends friend got a job for emirates and she was about 35 , but she had years of experience working for other airlines. Now she's working for Gulf Air.

So everyone, relax, take a deep breathe and dont panic. Do your best, and yes, do brush up on your image and wear good expensive makeup like MAC and have your hair in a natural colour. Stand tall and act confident!

by the way, im going to be working for Tiger Airways soon.