PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NT Aeromed
Thread: NT Aeromed
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2011, 01:14
Al Fentanyl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pc12togo: You have your opinion, I have mine. I ain't interested in changing mine based on yours. I believe that for the NT Aeromed role, a B200 is a safer aircraft with two engines than a PC12 is with one. Two engines is not a 100% guarantee of safety, but it is decidedly less likely to be forced to land due to 100% power failure. Having looked at the circumstances of the incidents raised, I see nothing to change my views.

The info in this thread has indicated that Westops is heading back to twins. Take it up with those posters. The inclinations of the new CEO are fine and will remain so up until the dreaded event finally occurs.

I am not in an aeroclub. I have flown a PC12, so perhaps I am not an expert but nor am I in an armchair.

Two crew died at Tamworth.

There has so far been a large element of luck that no SE turbine forced landings have been fatal, NWO, PSQ & KLT particularly so.

FMC had an engine oil pressure indication problem that required a landing. Nothing made up about it. He didn't have the option of shutting down the suspect engine and continuing on the other. His options were limited by design.

You're happy having limited options? Good for you. I prefer otherwise.