PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2011, 00:49
Machinbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The pilots of an Air France jet that crashed into the Atlantic Ocean two years ago apparently became distracted with faulty airspeed indicators and failed to properly deal with other vital systems, including adjusting engine thrust, according to people familiar with preliminary findings from the plane's recorders.
Seems like there is a controlled leak program in progress.

Easy to drop the power out of your scan when you weren't doing much of a scan to begin with. When iron mike flies the aircraft, it can be real hard to stay in the loop, particularly when there isn't much happening.

Sounds like we are about to learn the necessity of getting some real stick time in, but as usual, we are learning the hard way.
The probable recommendation would be that more CRM training is required.:
Too many eyes on the same set of mouse holes, no one tending the others. Was anyone really flying the aircraft? Just too accustomed to a passive role.

Reminds me of a scary situation from my past. Two sets of eyes looking up at the formation above them while they flew into the water. The aftermath of that was what was scary for me. Have you ever seen a large formation breathe?