PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2011, 22:25
Mr Fusion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AIMINGHIGH123
What`s wrong with a 700 sqft flat?? I live in a 450 sqft 1 bed flat in London with my gf and we think its perfect size. So many people on this forum expect to live like a king from day one, have you all had it that easy throughout life? I would jump at the chance to even have an interview with CX and would be very happy with there T+Cs if offered.
I understand your reasoning. Perhaps like me you are currently working a dead-end regional job for minimal pay and zero housing allowance, health insurance, retirement, etc. So this offer compared to that sounds fantastic yes?

But the current "housing allowance" if you can call it that begins at HK$10K/mo and tops out at HK$36K/mo. as a Senior Captain 7. In 2007 the real housing allowance began at HK24K/mo. and the people I know there are already way past HK$36K/mo. It is a very large difference, and if you are looking to make a career of CX you have to look pretty far into the future and ask if you can raise a family comfortably on that compensation.