PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2011, 18:18
eastern wiseguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Both WW and Stn are known here, you would think it would be performing better than that.
If those figures are correct ,then that is an appalling load factor.

How much of it might be down to the poor reports on sites such as the well known airline quality dot com?

For example..
bmibaby customer review : 16 May 2011 by Sxxxx Hxxx (UK)
Trip Rating 0/10

Economy

Belfast City to Birmingham. The flight was due to leave at 0850. At 0840 we were ushered to the door for boarding. 1 hour later, we were still standing, waiting to board (in an area with virtually no seating, heating or toilets on that level). We were informed 30 minutes later they needed 14 passengers to volunteer to take a different flight. No incentive offered whatsoever and very loose, noncommittal assurances that a seat on the next available flight would be facilitated. Some lovely (perhaps naive) people volunteered. We finally started boarding at 1015. As the door of the plane was closing at around 1030 the pilot announced that there was "probably something we should have told you before boarding...we're flying to East Midlands on the way to Birmingham". We were told we would touch down and then drop passengers off (who were on our plane from a previous cancelled BMIBaby flight) and then proceed to Birmingham. A few minutes before touchdown, the cabin crew announced that we would no longer be flying to Birmingham, and we'd need to take a bus. 3 hours after our scheduled arrival time in Birmingham, we finally arrived. The staff were nonchalant, unprofessional, and completely unsympathetic. The majority of passengers on the plane were stunned into submission to whatever BMIBaby dumped on us. I've had bad experiences with the carrier before, and have taken the time to hand write a letter to complain (the only medium possible) and had no response. I just can't believe an airline in the UK can get away with this type of service.

If I was travelling on business that would have seriously ticked me off.