PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VIII
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2011, 17:51
elrehab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just something to add. i've been a reader of lots of these posts about emirates airlines etc, i honestly had doubts that i would be suited as a flight attendant, but lo and behold, i just got a job with an airline in my home country. I didnt go into the 8 hr group/one on one interviews nervous. In saying that i already had another job lined up in case and i also had plans to study another career if i wasnt sucessful. You need to take life as it comes and dont stress. i find people writing posts here stressing about stuff. To tell you the truth, i wouldnt want some of you as my flight attendant. I want smart mature confident people.

To those people who have applied many times and didnt make it. And still trying, well you need to do some soul searching. You keep hitting a brick wall for no reason. Being a flight attendant is not the be all and end all of life. Yes, you do have to have a good image, and if you dont have it, then change your image, or search for another career. I heard ridiculous stories of people applying for emirates 8 times!! i mean seriously if emirates didnt like you to begin with, sure fix yourself up and try again, but thats it. why keep applying and being rejected...

As they told me in the interview i attended, working as a cabin crew is not glamorous and if people have that impression they shouldnt be applying. in most cases you will be too tired to see countries properly. I've read a lot of posts here about people concerned about age. Well I'm 30 this year and i've been hired in the industry. i was going to attend emirates open day in my country in a few weeks, but have decided not to, as i want to experience flying around locally in my own country. regarding emirates, i got an invitation and my application is under review. im not the most good looking person around, but i did spend over $400 on my outfit and make-up. So appearance matters. There were people in my airline interview wearing short skirts, with no stockings. they didnt make it.Weight is also an issue. You have to be realistic here. Airlines dont want to employ overweight people. Airplanes are cramped enough, so you need to fit through the plane aisles! also customer service skills help. i have had over 12 years experience in the customer service industry..if you're going to match me up to a pretty 21 year old with no customer service skills, then hey who cares about age when you have a skill they desire. I'll be called for an interview for sure. To those people freaked out about emirates open day interviews whatever, i can understand if you're freaked because you have no customer service skills, but if you do, then you have plenty to talk about. During my interview with this airline i will work for soon, they wanted people who were confident and can handle problems on the spot without hesitation. I guarantee people who will not pass the interview were not able to answer their questions properly due to lack of experience..

if you are a shy person forget about applying. If you're not a 'talker', then forget applying. If you can't warm up to people and do not possess any charm, then forget it. In group interviews, they will see how well you interact with people. and all this nonsense i hear about not asking questions in an emirates open day is nonsense. Airlines WANT you to ask questions. They want people who can 'learn'. In group interviews if you are 'quiet' then you dont have a chance. im not saying to take over the group and not let anyone speak, but you need to contribute.

Also keep in mind, moving to another country may sound all glamorous, but if you;re a 21 year old with no life skills, you're going to find it tough and you wont last long in the industry. I say , apply and work for your local airline to really find out if this business is for you and gain skills.